Σας προσκαλούμε να δανειστείτε τα βιβλία μας, και να δωρίσετε με τη σειρά σας όσα δεν θέλετε πια!
A special thanks to the Irish Epic Museum for hosting our 2023 Christmas party for our younger students!
The Greek School of Ireland was immensely proud to have represented the vibrant Hellenic Community of Ireland and to have had the opportunity to promote the rich and beautiful Greek language at the 2023 Languages Connect Summit. At this summit, which took place on 14th October in Dublin’s Convention Center, our teachers delved into cutting-edge teaching and learning strategies, attended inspiring talks, and participated in workshops alongside over 1,500 language teachers based in Ireland. We also got to engage with the public, with other language teachers as well as with leading language institutions based in Ireland, promoting our School, exchanging ideas, and sharing teaching and learning practices.
Dear students and/or parents/guardians,
We welcome you to the new school year 2022-23 which marks the 20th anniversary of our school. Our students got excellent marks in both, the Leaving Certificate as well as in the Ellinomathia exams. We take this opportunity to thank and congratulate their teachers and most importantly themselves and their parents/guardians.Please see below the year plan. We made it taking into account last year’s timetable and including this year’s up to date changes as we know them. Please proceed with your registration (if you haven’t done so yet) in order to see if we have to add other classes or to change the timetable. The programme will get finalised the first week 5-10 September after you meet your teacher and the classes will start with their final timetable on 12th September.Best RegardsTimetable:
- Class Junior Infants Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm Ms. Maria Tsioumani (21-22 Preschool 3-5 Ms. Eleni Bakali)
- Class Senior Infants Saturday 10:00am – 12:00pm Ms. Maria Tsioumani (21-22 Preschool 10-12 Ms. Eleni Bakali)
- Class A Saturday 12:30pm – 2:30pm Ms. Maria Tsioumani (21-22 Preschool12:30-2:30 Ms. Eleni Bakali)
- Class B1 Thursday 6:15 pm – 7:15pm (on-line) & Saturday 10:00am. – 11:00am (hybrid) Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 A1 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class C1-ONLINE Tuesday 5:00 pm – 6:00pm & Thursday 5:00pm – 6:00pm Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 B1 & B2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class C2 Tuesday 5:00pm-6:00pm (online) & Saturday 3:15pm- 4:15pm (in-class) Ms. Vasiliki Lampridou (21-22 B1 & B2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class D1 Thursday 7:30pm-8:30pm (online) &Saturday 11:15am – 12:15pm (in-class) Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 C1 & C2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class D2-ONLINE Tuesday 4:15pm – 5:15μ.μ & Thursday 4:15pm – 5:15pm Ms. Eleftheria Skafida (21-22 C1 & C2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class E1 Thursday 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm (on-line) & Saturday 1:45 pm – 2:45pm (in-class hybrid) Ms. Vasiliki Lambridou (21-22 D’ Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class E2 – ONLINE Monday 5:00pm – 6:00pm & Wednesday 5:00pm – 6:00pm Ms. Eleftheria Skafida (21-22 E1 Ms. Eleftheria Skafida)
- Class F Thursday Saturday 3:00 pm – 5:00pm (in-class hybrid) Ms. Vasiliki Lambridou
- Class EL1 – ONLINE Monday 6:15pm – 7:15pm & Wednesday 6:15pm – 7:15pm Ms. Eleftheria Skafida (21-22 E2 Ms. Eleftheria Skafida)
- Class EL-C1(Ελληνομάθεια Γ1) Monday 4:30pm-5:30pm and Wednesday 5-6 Ms. Vasiliki Lambridou (21-22 EL1′ Ms. Eleftheria Skafida)
- Class LC (Leaving cert) Saturday 11:00am- 1:00pm Ms. Elisavet Leoutsakou
- Class EN2- ONLINE Monday and Wednesday 5:50pm – 6:35pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)
- Class EN3- ONLINE Monday and Wednesday 5:00pm – 5:45pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)
- Class EN4A- ONLINE Monday and Wednesday 6:45pm – 7:45 pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)
- Class EN4B- ONLINE Tuesday and Thursday 7:00pm-8:00pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)ADULTS’ CLASSES
- Class AD1 Thursday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Mr. Paddy Sammon
- Class AD2 Tuesday 6:00pm – 8:00pm Mr. Paddy Sammon (21-22 AD1)
- Class AD3 Friday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Mr. Paddy Sammon (21-22 AD2)
- Class AD4 Tuesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 AD3)
- Class AD5Wednesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Ms. Vassiliki Lampribou (21-22 AD4)
- Class AD6 Thursday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Ms. Vassiliki Lampribou (21-22 AD5)Enrollment linksYoung studentsAdults
The Hellenic Community of Ireland is honoured to take part to one of the oldest festivals in Ireland, The Liberties Festival:
The Liberties Festival
The Liberties Festival is one of Ireland’s oldest festivals. From modest beginnings in 1970 it has grown to become a highlight of the summer in Dublin with a series of family-friendly, sporting and community events, and an exciting multi-cultural and arts programme.
On Saturday 3/9/2022 teachers of our Greek School will present Greek language and mythology to children of all ages.
Paddy Sammon will tell how Brendan Behan’s boyhood song about Michael Collins, ‘The Laughing Boy’, took on a new life in Greece, where it is still sung to the music of Greece’s greatest composepr, Mikis Theodorakis.
Liberties based talented artist Konstantina Karagianni, will help you paint Greek themes. Join us from 3-4pm at ID8 Studio.
On Sunday 4/9/2022 between 2 and 3 pm at St Audoen’s Park, members of the Hellenic Community of Ireland Dancing group will ask people of any age to join them in traditional Greek dancing.
Greek bites will be provided by Yeeros and Filo pastry to enrich the Greek experience at iD8 studio 11-13 Thomas street between 14:00 and 15:00 hours on Sunday 4th September.
Come and join one of the oldest Communities in Ireland.
Mary Jones sings Greek Christmas carols. The recording is an extract from the online Christmas event of the Greek School of Ireland on 19th December 2021. Mary is an adult student.
Dear students and parents / guardians,
As we are approaching the end of what has been a challenging school year, we would like to extend our wishes for a pleasant summer. We would like to thank you for your support during the year and we wish all our students, especially those of the leaving certificate best of luck in their results and goals.
Please note that the Greek Ellinomatheia Certification exams, to be held in October 2021, enrolment is open till 28th June 2021.
We would also like to advise that due to the specific Covid restrictions and various student needs and requirements, the lessons from the new school year 2021-2022 will be carried out in a hybrid manner. This means that students will attend online and when conditions allow restrictions to be eased, a certain number of students may physically attend in class. All students are going to be able to retain online attendance.
You can enrol following via the specific website Hellenic Community of Ireland – Membership section (hellenic-members.org)
We invite you to enroll as soon as possible, until 25th July. This will help us to finalise the timetable and order the needed educational material. A draft timetable is available upon request
The classes will commence the week Monday 6th September 2021.
The contribution for the school year 2021-2022 is:
- 1 underage student €290.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €30.00
- 2 underage students €490.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €50.00
- 3 underage student €650.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €66.00
- Adult student €350.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €36.00
Educational material is not included in the pricing above.
Private lessons can be arranged.
This year we’re celebrating World Greek Language Day with a video submitted by the students of our school, but also with the announcement of a series of new activities by the Hellenic Community of Ireland which answer the call to celebrate the 200th anniversary of 1821. Thank you, all you students and parents of our School, who are keeping up learning the Greek language in such adverse conditions. Special thanks to our teachers who are keeping up quality learning and transmission of this unique Greek treasure of ours. The video is available on HCI Vimeo channel here.We invite you to continue your support for our school but also to participate in the following events as volunteers and/or students.
Specifically, we invite you to participate: Continue reading “Greek Language International Day 2021”