Welcome to the 5th Greek Business and Arts Festival, organised by the Hellenic Community of Ireland, which will be taking place online, under the Covid regulations. The Festival will present a wide range of activities connected in every conceivable way with Greece, Cyprus and Ireland. It will be held, using live interviews and videos, on the weekend of 10th & 11th April, from 19:30 to 21:00 each evening, on the website and FaceBook page of the Community.
A very special treat is the participation of Ms Tina Koumarianos as presenter of the Festival.
How to watch it: https://hellenic-members.org https://www.facebook.com/HCI.
What will it include?
Live interviews with participants.
Short video presentations of their activities.
This year we’re celebrating World Greek Language Day with a video submitted by the students of our school, but also with the announcement of a series of new activities by the Hellenic Community of Ireland which answer the call to celebrate the 200th anniversary of 1821. Thank you, all you students and parents of our School, who are keeping up learning the Greek language in such adverse conditions. Special thanks to our teachers who are keeping up quality learning and transmission of this unique Greek treasure of ours. The video is available on HCI Vimeo channel here.We invite you to continue your support for our school but also to participate in the following events as volunteers and/or students.
Specifically, we invite you to participate: Continue reading “Greek Language International Day 2021”
Το Κέντρο Ελληνικής Γλώσσας γνωστοποιεί ότι για το έτος 2021 οι ημερομηνίες διεξαγωγής των εξετάσεων για την Πιστοποίηση Ελληνομάθειας, στην Ελλάδα και στο εξωτερικό, έχουν ως εξής:
|Α1 (για παιδιά 8-12 ετών)||
|Τρίτη 18 Μαΐου 2021 (πρωί)|
|Α1 (για εφήβους και ενηλίκους)||Τρίτη 18 Μαΐου 2021 (πρωί)|
|Α2||Βασική Γνώση||Τρίτη 18 Μαΐου 2021 (μεσημέρι)|
|Α2 για επαγγελματικούς σκοπούς||Τρίτη 18 Μαΐου 2021 (μεσημέρι)|
|Β1||Μέτρια Γνώση||Τρίτη 18 Μαΐου 2021 (απόγευμα)|
|Β2||Καλή Γνώση||Τετάρτη 19 Μαΐου 2021 (πρωί)|
|Γ1||Πολύ Καλή Γνώση||Τετάρτη 19 Μαΐου 2021 (απόγευμα)|
|Γ2||Άριστη Γνώση||Πέμπτη 20 Μαΐου 2021 (πρωί)|
Εγγραφές: Από 1 Φεβρουαρίου έως 21 Μαρτίου 2021
- Online Christmas event on Wednesday 23rd December 2020, 7pm
- Online New Year’s event on Wednesday 30th December 2020 7pm
Both events, will be broadcasted also in our facebook page.
On 27th December, 5pm we are running an online activity for kids via Zoom
Also we would like to remind the collection we are running to help families that need our support. You can donate till 29th December via our Website.
During this difficult holiday period, the Hellenic Community of Ireland invites you to show and demonstrate your support to some families in Ireland in two possible ways:
(1) By purchasing gift vouchers from TESCO or One 4 All or similar and forwarding them to the address: Hellenic Community of Ireland, 19 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1.
(2) By lodging to the Hellenic Community Bank Account, through Donate, amounts with which we will purchase gifts from 12/12/2020 until 29/12/2020. Please use the DONATE button in our web page https://member.helleniccommunity.ie/product-category/donate/ so that we have the possibility to enter and present the donations in our financial statement.
The Hellenic Community of Ireland, continuing its efforts to help and support the Greeks living in Ireland, has created a national network of volunteers through the helpline that began in March 2020 during the virus pandemic.
We are grateful for and want to thank all our volunteers and we request that you help and support us in our effort so that nobody is left helpless in any period of their existence. Please confirm your wish to volunteer in firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the local level we are co-operating with the Wheel network of volunteers (https://www.wheel.ie/), as well as with the HSE community call (https://www.hse.ie/…/intercultu…/the-community-call.html ) in each local community.
The Hellenic Community of Ireland has also co-operated since March 2020 with the organisation Robert Emmet CDP and helped families that found themselves in difficult situations through the charity Foodcloud (https://food.cloud/) .
We have also contacted the Mendicity organisation (http://www.mendicity.org/), to which some of our members have volunteered, and we have reached an agreement with it that free food will be offered to families that will require this type of support
Full discretion will be kept in order to protect the dignity and self respect of the receivers.
The Hellenic Community of Ireland is organising an online event to mark the resistance of Greece to the Italian forces on 28th October 1940.
The Greek poet and academic Dr Natasha Remoundou will read pieces from Nikos-Gavriil Pentzikis, Primo Levi and Hannah Ardent about that period.
- Historian Mr Fergus D’Arcy will answer questions about the 2nd world war in Ireland,
- The president of the anti war movement in Ireland Mr Michalis Youlton will explain the influence of that movement at that time,
- Scholar and ex-diplomat Mr Paddy Sammon will tell us about Irish neutrality.
- Mr Pantelis Goularas who is the Irish representative of the Irish branch of the International Society of Friends Nikos Kazantzakis will talk to us about Nikos Kazantzakis at that time.
- Mr. David Howley will read poetry by Odysseas Elytis.The event will be live broadcasted be on 28th October 2020 at 7:30 pm.
The Hellenic Community of Ireland is presenting a live streaming concert by Iordanis Sidiropoulos.
Feeling the mood and the beauty of this autumn, iordAnis Sidiropoulos is performing live his first piano album called “As the Leaves Fall”. The album was released in 2019. It is an album full of autumn vibes and vibes of
rebirth and renaissance. Find more information on the album here: https://iordanismusic.com/as-theleaves-fall