The Greek School of Ireland celebrated the International Greek Language Day
The Greek School of Ireland celebrated the International Greek Language Day, 9th February 2023, with students of all ages in the presence of parents, teachers and the Greek Ambassador Mrs Nikolaou.
Εξετάσεις Πιστοποίησης Επάρκειας της Ελληνομάθειας Μαΐου 2023 – Έναρξη εγγραφών
Το Κέντρο Ελληνικής Γλώσσας γνωστοποιεί τις οριστικές ημερομηνίες διενέργειας των εξετάσεων ελληνομάθειας Μαΐου 2023. Οι εγγραφές για τις εξετάσεις Πιστοποίησης Επάρκειας της Ελληνομάθειας θα πραγματοποιηθούν από 1 Φεβρουαρίου έως 20 Μαρτίου 2023.
Κάντε κλικ εδώ για την Αίτηση
Get together for OXI Day
Dear friends, come to Kennedy’s pub
at 13:30 on Sunday 6th November to mark the occasion of OXI Day 1940.
Please book with the link below. Ticket includes choice of food from two main dishes and five salads. Greek live music by our beloved couple Sophia and Santiago. Please book by Tuesday 1st November.
Dear students and/or parents/guardians,
We welcome you to the new school year 2022-23 which marks the 20th anniversary of our school. Our students got excellent marks in both, the Leaving Certificate as well as in the Ellinomathia exams. We take this opportunity to thank and congratulate their teachers and most importantly themselves and their parents/guardians.Please see below the year plan. We made it taking into account last year’s timetable and including this year’s up to date changes as we know them. Please proceed with your registration (if you haven’t done so yet) in order to see if we have to add other classes or to change the timetable. The programme will get finalised the first week 5-10 September after you meet your teacher and the classes will start with their final timetable on 12th September.Best RegardsTimetable:
- Class Junior Infants Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm Ms. Maria Tsioumani (21-22 Preschool 3-5 Ms. Eleni Bakali)
- Class Senior Infants Saturday 10:00am – 12:00pm Ms. Maria Tsioumani (21-22 Preschool 10-12 Ms. Eleni Bakali)
- Class A Saturday 12:30pm – 2:30pm Ms. Maria Tsioumani (21-22 Preschool12:30-2:30 Ms. Eleni Bakali)
- Class B1 Thursday 6:15 pm – 7:15pm (on-line) & Saturday 10:00am. – 11:00am (hybrid) Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 A1 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class C1-ONLINE Tuesday 5:00 pm – 6:00pm & Thursday 5:00pm – 6:00pm Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 B1 & B2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class C2 Tuesday 5:00pm-6:00pm (online) & Saturday 3:15pm- 4:15pm (in-class) Ms. Vasiliki Lampridou (21-22 B1 & B2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class D1 Thursday 7:30pm-8:30pm (online) &Saturday 11:15am – 12:15pm (in-class) Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 C1 & C2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class D2-ONLINE Tuesday 4:15pm – 5:15μ.μ & Thursday 4:15pm – 5:15pm Ms. Eleftheria Skafida (21-22 C1 & C2 Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class E1 Thursday 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm (on-line) & Saturday 1:45 pm – 2:45pm (in-class hybrid) Ms. Vasiliki Lambridou (21-22 D’ Ms. Xanthi Bakogianni)
- Class E2 – ONLINE Monday 5:00pm – 6:00pm & Wednesday 5:00pm – 6:00pm Ms. Eleftheria Skafida (21-22 E1 Ms. Eleftheria Skafida)
- Class F Thursday Saturday 3:00 pm – 5:00pm (in-class hybrid) Ms. Vasiliki Lambridou
- Class EL1 – ONLINE Monday 6:15pm – 7:15pm & Wednesday 6:15pm – 7:15pm Ms. Eleftheria Skafida (21-22 E2 Ms. Eleftheria Skafida)
- Class EL-C1(Ελληνομάθεια Γ1) Monday 4:30pm-5:30pm and Wednesday 5-6 Ms. Vasiliki Lambridou (21-22 EL1′ Ms. Eleftheria Skafida)
- Class LC (Leaving cert) Saturday 11:00am- 1:00pm Ms. Elisavet Leoutsakou
- Class EN2- ONLINE Monday and Wednesday 5:50pm – 6:35pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)
- Class EN3- ONLINE Monday and Wednesday 5:00pm – 5:45pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)
- Class EN4A- ONLINE Monday and Wednesday 6:45pm – 7:45 pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)
- Class EN4B- ONLINE Tuesday and Thursday 7:00pm-8:00pm Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula (21-22 Ms. Kiki Kreatsoula)ADULTS’ CLASSES
- Class AD1 Thursday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Mr. Paddy Sammon
- Class AD2 Tuesday 6:00pm – 8:00pm Mr. Paddy Sammon (21-22 AD1)
- Class AD3 Friday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Mr. Paddy Sammon (21-22 AD2)
- Class AD4 Tuesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Ms. Evi Filea (21-22 AD3)
- Class AD5Wednesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Ms. Vassiliki Lampribou (21-22 AD4)
- Class AD6 Thursday 6:30pm – 8:30pm Ms. Vassiliki Lampribou (21-22 AD5)Enrollment linksYoung studentsAdults
The Liberties Festival
The Hellenic Community of Ireland is honoured to take part to one of the oldest festivals in Ireland, The Liberties Festival:
The Liberties Festival
The Liberties Festival is one of Ireland’s oldest festivals. From modest beginnings in 1970 it has grown to become a highlight of the summer in Dublin with a series of family-friendly, sporting and community events, and an exciting multi-cultural and arts programme.
On Saturday 3/9/2022 teachers of our Greek School will present Greek language and mythology to children of all ages.
Paddy Sammon will tell how Brendan Behan’s boyhood song about Michael Collins, ‘The Laughing Boy’, took on a new life in Greece, where it is still sung to the music of Greece’s greatest composepr, Mikis Theodorakis.
Liberties based talented artist Konstantina Karagianni, will help you paint Greek themes. Join us from 3-4pm at ID8 Studio.
On Sunday 4/9/2022 between 2 and 3 pm at St Audoen’s Park, members of the Hellenic Community of Ireland Dancing group will ask people of any age to join them in traditional Greek dancing.
Greek bites will be provided by Yeeros and Filo pastry to enrich the Greek experience at iD8 studio 11-13 Thomas street between 14:00 and 15:00 hours on Sunday 4th September.
Come and join one of the oldest Communities in Ireland.
From Homer to Joyce
Η Ελληνική Κοινότητα Ιρλανδίας, με αφορμή την παγκόσμια μέρα Ελληνικής γλώσσας εγκαινίασε την σειρά ανάγνωσης του Οδυσσέα του James Joyce και την διδασκαλία της Ελληνικής Γλώσσας με τα Ελληνικά που έμαθε ο Τζόις. H εκδήλωση πραγματοποιήθηκε στις 9 Φεβρουαρίου στο Sweny’s Pharmacy.
Greek Christmas carols
Mary Jones sings Greek Christmas carols. The recording is an extract from the online Christmas event of the Greek School of Ireland on 19th December 2021. Mary is an adult student.
On-line performance “Stories of Having to Leave our Country”
The Applied Theatre Company Ψ invites you at 15.00 hours (Irish time) on Sunday December 19th to tell and narrate your own story, as well as follow the stories of your compatriots, through the Internet zoom platform, on the subject of “Stories of Having to Leave our Country” for the Hellenic Community of Ireland.
With the help of the co-ordinator, those of the participants who wish to can tell their story related to the reasons behind their decision to leave Greece. The co-ordinator transfers the material narrated by the participants to the actors of the group through whom the (re)production begins.
We believe that this networked meeting will constitute a new and interesting artistic experience for many of you.
The ZOOM link is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83737196631
School year 2021-2022
Dear students and parents / guardians,
As we are approaching the end of what has been a challenging school year, we would like to extend our wishes for a pleasant summer. We would like to thank you for your support during the year and we wish all our students, especially those of the leaving certificate best of luck in their results and goals.
Please note that the Greek Ellinomatheia Certification exams, to be held in October 2021, enrolment is open till 28th June 2021.
We would also like to advise that due to the specific Covid restrictions and various student needs and requirements, the lessons from the new school year 2021-2022 will be carried out in a hybrid manner. This means that students will attend online and when conditions allow restrictions to be eased, a certain number of students may physically attend in class. All students are going to be able to retain online attendance.
You can enrol following via the specific website Hellenic Community of Ireland – Membership section (hellenic-members.org)
We invite you to enroll as soon as possible, until 25th July. This will help us to finalise the timetable and order the needed educational material. A draft timetable is available upon request
The classes will commence the week Monday 6th September 2021.
The contribution for the school year 2021-2022 is:
- 1 underage student €290.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €30.00
- 2 underage students €490.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €50.00
- 3 underage student €650.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €66.00
- Adult student €350.00 one-off or 10 monthly instalments €36.00
Educational material is not included in the pricing above.
Private lessons can be arranged.