The Hellenic Community of Ireland is organising an online event to mark the resistance of Greece to the Italian forces on 28th October 1940.
The Greek poet and academic Dr Natasha Remoundou will read pieces from Nikos-Gavriil Pentzikis, Primo Levi and Hannah Ardent about that period.
- Historian Mr Fergus D’Arcy will answer questions about the 2nd world war in Ireland,
- The president of the anti war movement in Ireland Mr Michalis Youlton will explain the influence of that movement at that time,
- Scholar and ex-diplomat Mr Paddy Sammon will tell us about Irish neutrality.
- Mr Pantelis Goularas who is the Irish representative of the Irish branch of the International Society of Friends Nikos Kazantzakis will talk to us about Nikos Kazantzakis at that time.
- Mr. David Howley will read poetry by Odysseas Elytis.The event will be live broadcasted be on 28th October 2020 at 7:30 pm.
The Hellenic Community of Ireland is presenting a live streaming concert by Iordanis Sidiropoulos.
Feeling the mood and the beauty of this autumn, iordAnis Sidiropoulos is performing live his first piano album called “As the Leaves Fall”. The album was released in 2019. It is an album full of autumn vibes and vibes of
rebirth and renaissance. Find more information on the album here: https://iordanismusic.com/as-theleaves-fall